Monday, August 30, 2010

I only started using texture in the last 12 months
and am sure I will incooperate it whenever I can.
This was one of my first textured piece, a
peace sign I made upon a request of my persuasive
daughter. It bears a hammered texture.



This bangle was made shortly afterwards during a
silver smith course. There I have got a big torch which
scares the life out of me.
The bangle is three layered and was textured
with small dapping punches.


The texture I used in the next two examples was real fun to do,
I used a design stamp or rather a part of it.
To me it looks like some antique or alien scriptings.



For my Blue Musca I used a texture made by my dremel.
I love this texture but it has got two disadvantages:
the tiny silver pieces that are taken off the item zoom into your face
and are a bit unpleasant plus you look like a real live fairy afterwards
because you are covered with the little tiny winy silver shards.




I used the same technique at the back of this name pendant
and the front was textured with letter stamps and a design stamp.



All in all I love texturing. Do you too?

This article was part of the SATEAM blog carnival. We are given a certain topic, and we all write a blog post on the subject. This months was “How does texture play into your work?”Please follow the links and read other team members posts on this topic

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous post - I love the bangle, the texture in this incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Caron. That one was a real challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful examples of texture. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like all of you work but the textured bangel is absolutley amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, Bonnie and twistedstone.

    ReplyDelete