Saturday, September 11, 2010

My first filigree earrings

I just finished some filigree earrings. Recently I bought
a book called "silver treads" and was thrilled
about using filigree wire.
Actually I wanted to start this nice and slow.
The author said it would be good to do 45 lima beans to get the hang of it.
They could be used later in the projects.

After finishing my first lima bean, I received an email
from my good friend Gail, Beadles, who
showed me a nice new heart pendant she bought
and she was wondering whether I could do
some earrings to go with it.
So instead of doing the remaining 44 lima beans,
I did these earrings.



I hope Gail will like them.
But next week "cross my heart, hope to die",
I will do my other 44 lima beans *g.
A close up, cos the filigree can't be seen too well on the other pics.




9 comments:

  1. Me likee big time! Thank you so much, Sylvia, for taking time to make these for me...so sweet of you. I love the filagree wire, the wrapping, the forming - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like them, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out great Syl, and I really like them better without the filigree wire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx, Camilla. But actually I did use filigree wire, it is wonderful to work with. I added another pic, so the wire can be seen better (I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! great work! I like it very much. I hope, Gail also :-)) - Romi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, Romi. How is your torching doing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huuhuuuu! Not tried yet. Time... I need more hours per day :-) Have a fine afternoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful earrings - amazing for your first go, can't wait to see what else you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much, Caron. I still have to finish my lima beans hihi, but then I will try all the projects in the book to get the "excercise".

    ReplyDelete