Sunday, October 31, 2010

How it came to be

Our SATEAM is doing a blog carnival
about the theme "how it came to be"
here is my story:

....actually it is all "popnicute's" fault *g,
thank you, Kay.
Many moons ago I read one of her posts in the Starving Artists Forum
.....she wrote about fusing something on some floor tiles.....
I didn't have the faintest idea what that could mean
Until then I never heard about the term "fusing" and
was amazed to find out that one could "solder" silver without
using actual solder. I couldn't get that thought out of my head so
I went to my good friend Amazon.de and found a book
about fusing (great book btw, Silver Wire Fusing
by Liz Jones), got some fine silver wire and started my torch.
I loved it and still do.

These were my first earrings


these ones I owe to popnicute aswell, cos I found
a little tut of hers how to fuse the hearts evenly.



Those ones were a project from the above mentioned book
and they are mine mine mine *g.


here some bracelets with fused links and balls.



Whenever I can I prefer using fusing (hey that rhymes *g)
instead of soldering, it looks much neater,
it is a wonderful technique.

Take a look at post of our SATEAM members
about this theme








5 comments:

  1. Beautiful examples of fusing, these are great pieces. I love how seeing the work of others can inspire us to learn new techniques and add new dimensions to our work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still fusing challenged... I've tried all sorts of different times... Love your hearts and stars... THe fusing really is neater so will have to try again!

    Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking at trying this for a while, but your story has certainly inspired me. The book is on my wish but I'm now going to get it and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll stay away from any fire, but enjoy seeing what others do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful things! wonderful bracelet! Hugs, Romi

    ReplyDelete