Friday, June 3, 2011

In the Process ... Earrings

A few months back I did a post about some unfinished jewelry pieces and a lady commented that she loved seeing stuff  "still in the process" ;)

At the moment I am doing some earrings. I bought a tutorial via etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/62141109/tutorial-tres-chic-fleur-de-lis-earrings. Love it, very detailed and helpful.

I want to do my own version of them. Instead of using sterling silver round wire I will use filigree twisted wire.
First I made a kind of prototype of my version in copper (should do this more often :(  )


I will solder them and add a 999 silver ball in the middle as a decor and additional support.

Here my supplies :



... and I started with the headpins and faceted beads, I love doing that


My only worry is that I might like the finished pieces too much and I won't sell them but keep them for my greedy self :)

No comments:

Post a Comment