Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gemstone necklace with sterling silver - part 2

I tried several approaches, with bronze and copper, but wasn't thrilled.

The colour of the howlith (dyed) reminded me of the sea, so I opted for a
design like my mermaid necklace and bracelets.

I used some 15 ga wire and formed some spirals elements and some
similiar to my chakra pendants. Small silver beads in form of sea stars,
tortoises (or is it turtles? I can never remember), shells etc will be wired
upon those elements.


I ran out of 18 ga silver wire for the beads and quickly ordered some.
Let's hope it will arrive soon.

Happy Easter to you all.

2 comments:

  1. This is a outstanding post, but I was wondering how do I subscribe to the RSS feed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your compliment. Very much appreciated.
    If you go onto the main page of the blog and move your cursor on the far right hand side of the page, a little menu pops out with a picture of myself on top, on the bottom it says subscribe.

    ReplyDelete