Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New Garnet Necklace with Sterling Silver

I have finished the promised necklace.


It is made with lots of dark red garnet and beautiful sterling silver beads.
I like the idea of a clasp being at the side of a necklace
instead of the back.


The clasp fits in my eyes perfectly to the necklace's
components but I am not sure about its wish
to stay closed whilst being worn.
Hence I added a small security chain, but I think
it spoils the beauty of the clasp and the flow of 
the necklace.


I might open everything up again und insert the clasp
at the "back of the neck" after all.
What do you think?




2 comments:

  1. Wow. Silmply elegant! And I would leave the clasp where it is. Beautiful necklace!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lici. I think I will after all, today I had a chat with a dear friend of mine and she has the same opinion as you. I will only exchange the security chain for a thinner one and maybe add one or two faceted small garnets as a little bling to the little chain.

    ReplyDelete